martes, 14 de junio de 2011

In my next life I'll be a vulcanologist!

My husband went to Buenos Aires, Aregentina to do a course on fertility. He's a psychologist and is really interested in that field. Anyway, he was supposed to return and hasn't been able to because the volcano in Chile left a whole lot of ashes in the atmosphere that is very dangerous for the airplanes. In a nutshell: he's stuck. 
Now, we've been on Skype, sharing youtube links back and forth (he knows I'm a total nerd when it comes to this). Here are a few inSpanish:


Volcanoes have fascinated me ever since I was a little girl, and when I studied them in 8th grade I was just drawn to them. Then I moved away from the States, goodbye chance to study Vulcanology or whatever that's called...and well, case closed. I'll do it in my next life!

But as my grandmother "Omi" would say, "no one can take away your knowledge", and here I am again taking in images and info from YouTube and Google. 

Our earth is beautiful, strong, impressive... and sometimes I think we underestimate her. 




Some other videos worth watching: 

Nat Geo                                   Kilauea, Hawaii                                 Etna, 2006  (Breathtaking at the end!)

Etna 2006  (This man, Thomas Reichart, died on the Etna 2009)         Reichart's flicker 

Picture from the top

1 comentario: