viernes, 1 de julio de 2011

Tons of information out there--- you've just got to reach out!

The Creation of Adam-- Michelangelo

In a nutshell, I'd say that I find a website useful if: 

- It is age and content appropriate
- It is easy for me to use
- It contains video I can download just in case I lose internet connection.
- Grammar and spelling are correct
- It comes from a reputable source
- It is sufficiently relevant to my goal
 
and I'm sure other tiny but equally important criteria that I can't think of right now. So far, I admit I've hogged the websites, in the sense that I haven't gone right out and recommended my students anything except: Google Earth for general curiosity and VOA, a website that is helpful for English language students... but I'm working on it. 

However, I feel a little overwhelmed that there's so much to read out there, even though I just have to reach out!! 
Thankfully, as the school year dwindles to an end, I figure that I'll have more than the usual time to sit and explore much deeper. *sigh*

Note to self: check out Genki English, it's seems to be very very interesting! 

I like the additional criteria we've been exposed to because it just broadens our horizons and gives us the opportunity to question ourselves, which is vital in our career. Because of them, I'm now also looking into the fact of whether a site has a search bar or index, if it has ads, and if the material is biased towards a specific demographic target. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario